Website Accountability Resources
Company: Rapidly-growing, authentic, lifestyle brand that delivers innovative, consistently outstanding premium products to enthusiasts who value quality, performance design and durability. The company is privately held but will maintain public company standards.
Location: Headquarters in Austin, Texas
Reporting: The Assistant Controller is a key member of the finance leadership team. This position reports directly to the Global Controller and leads a team of approximately 5 staff professionals.
The Assistant Controller role will have the primary responsibility to:
- Lead the Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting, while providing clear and consistent guidance to business partners.
- Help define, document and implement policies around key accounting areas (fixed assets, intercompany, prepaids, etc.).
- Provide oversite to the monthly accounting close and financial statement preparation processes, including both internal and external reporting requirements.
- Review journal entry documentation and account analyses to ensure all key accounts are supported and reconciled monthly, including intercompany balances with subsidiaries.
- Prepare value-added analysis of variances to prior periods and trends for financial reporting.
- Act as a liaison with external auditors to ensure reviews/audits are efficient and timely.
- Coordinate with IT to communicate systems issues, monitor remediation and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and accuracy by leveraging best practices and automation.
- Manage a team of approximately 5 accounting professionals in a manner that creates positive morale and fosters engagement with business partners focused on organization results.
- Provide outstanding staff training and individual development.
- Work closely with internal business partners to develop creative solutions to business challenges and transaction workflows thru process optimization and standardization.
- Promote and maintain a strong internal controls environment.
- Become an expert in SAP and other IT systems for both accounting and operational activity.
- Ensure accounting follows company policies and is compliant with US GAAP.
- Act as a player-coach, primarily supervising, but also as an individual contributor as needed.
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting from a respected academic institution required.
- 8+ years of accounting experience with prior management of an accounting team required.
- CPA or CA certificate required.
- Staff management experience required.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP.
- Experience with SAP/BPC preferred. Major ERP experience required.
- Fast moving consumer products experience preferred.
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills required.
- Passion for accuracy, details and organization required.
- Mental toughness and energy to succeed in a fast-paced, multiple priority projects environment required.
- Effective in presenting complex information in a clear fashion.
- Superior communication, presentation, collaboration, and influencing skills required.
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic.
Fit with Core Values:
- Be authentic and innovative with company and products.
- Continually strive for improvement in everything we do.
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact.
- Be responsive and go the extra mile.
- Act with a sense of urgency.
- Understand that you can’t do it alone (teamwork)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org