Website Accountability Resources
Company: YETI Coolers is the undisputed leader in the premium cooler market, representing a rapidly-growing, authentic, lifestyle brand that delivers innovative, consistently outstanding premium products to enthusiasts who value quality, performance design and durability. The company is privately held but will maintain public company standards.
Location: This position is located at the YETI corporate Headquarters in Austin, Texas.
Travel: Approximately 15%
Reporting: The Global Controller is a key member of the finance leadership team. This position reports directly to the CFO and leads a team of approximately 30 staff.
The Global Controller has is responsible for all accounting and financial reporting for YETI. This role will have primary responsibility to:
- Lead the department to ensure timely accurate accounting and reporting.
- Manage a team of approximately 30 staff (direct and indirect reports) in a manner that creates positive morale and engagement.
- Direct activities in AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Credit & Collections, GL, and financial reporting teams.
- Direct and review the monthly consolidation of foreign subsidiaries.
- Manage bank reporting, reporting to the board of directors, and other financial reporting.
- Researching and documenting appropriate USA GAAP positions for non-routine transactions.
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure efficient and timely reviews/audits.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure inventory is accurate and correctly valued.
- Work with Internal Audit to identify/implement/improve internal controls.
- Lead the development of a professional YETI accounting manual.
- Provide outstanding staff training and development.
- Become expert in the SAP ERP system.
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Outstanding academic credentials (BBA and advanced degree required – MBA/MPA)
- Current CPA required.
- Big 4 experience required (at least four years – preferred to manager or above)
- 6+ years in management of a large respected accounting department required.
- Experience with large ERP systems required. SAP/BPC experience required
- Public company reporting experience required.
- Consolidation of foreign subsidiaries required.
- Fast moving consumer products experience required
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills required.
- Passion for accuracy, details and organization required.
- Mental toughness and energy to succeed in a fast-paced, multiple priority projects environment required.
- Effective in presenting complex information in a clear fashion.
- Superior communication, presentation, collaboration, and influencing skills required.
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic.
Fit with YETI Core Values:
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products.
- Continually strive for improvement in everything we do.
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact.
- Be responsive and go the extra mile.
- Act with a sense of urgency.
- Understand that you can’t do it alone (teamwork).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org