Website Career Foundations
Career Foundations is conducting an exclusive search for a Plant Controller opportunity with a Fortune 250 client in NC. The Plant Controller is principally responsible for the ongoing maintenance of accurate, timely, and transparent financial and management accounting, reporting and controls. In addition, the Plant Controller serves as the principal financial advisor to the site management team and is responsible for accurate planning, forecasting and robust analysis for the site in support of the business goals and objectives.
This position will oversee the monthly closing cycle within the site and will be responsible to interface regularly with various members of the local operations management team as well as the Business Group and Corporate finance teams to articulate results with clarity and transparency and maintain a strong controllership environment. This position must ensure reporting compliance with Company Policies & Procedures as well as U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ( GAAP ) and maintain an effective control environment ensuring compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Oversees the activities of general accounting, cost accounting, and budgetary controls of the plant
- Key partner with Directors of Operations for all plants; working to develop KPI’s and consistent management reporting.
- Key business partner of the local operations management team, consistently delivering timely and accurate financial information, analysis and support
- Directly responsible for managing the monthly financial close process for the site, including timely and thorough review of journal entries, maintenance of the closing checklist, financial and statistical results submission to Corporate, and detailed analysis of results versus forecast, prior year, and plan
- Key finance business partner to the Plant Manager and Group leadership team, providing financial leadership to the operations in the planning and execution of business goals and objectives; and in the effective management of Plant costs and inventory control
- Manage the financial performance of the business, including administering internal controls, planning, forecasting, reporting, and analyzing business drivers, risks, and operational metrics
- Drive, develop and coordinate the annual operating plan, monthly forecasts, periodic goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for plant & business management, including variance analysis, cost control reporting and recommendations
- Partners with operations and business leadership team members to effectively manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret plant financial forecasts and operating results
- Interprets, implements and monitors corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with Company
- Policy & Procedure as well as U.S. generally accepted accounting principles
- Assists with audits by internal audit, external audit and other audits and reviews as necessary
- Oversees, leads and manages SAP product costing systems and processes for current and standard costing as well as cost estimating activities to support the commercial operations.
- Ensures consistent delivery of accurate financial statement and non-financial reporting.
- Monitors, maintains and enhances the system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities, including periodic physical inventory counts and fixed asset verifications
- Ensures compliance with local, Group, and Corporate internal controls and SOX policies.
- Conducts follow-up audits to ensure compliance for all significant capital investments and delivery of financial benefits
- Ensures internal controls are properly designed and operating effectively to appropriately safeguard and accurately report plant fixed assets
The ideal candidate will have…
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of accounting experience with 3+ years in a manufacturing environment as a Plant Controller
- 3+ years supervisory/managerial experience
- SAP experience (finance, controlling, manufacturing, and supply chain)
- Strong analytical skills, advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience ensuring compliance with applicable financial accounting requirements under US GAAP
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org