Website Cochran Cochran Yale
Director of Internal Audit
Our client has retained us to find them a Director of Internal Audit (IA) who will be in a unique role in the organization requiring independence and objectivity, while also serving as a strategic partner to senior management in monitoring the company’s governance, risk management, and control environment. The successful candidate will balance these responsibilities and deliver unbiased and equitable assessments under all circumstances. As Director of IA, you will report to the Chairperson of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and to the CFO.
- Leadership in the development and execution of a risk-based audit plan to ensure internal audit activities are properly targeting areas of highest risk and significance to the company. This needs to be consistent and aligned with business objectives and communicated to the Company’s leadership in a transparent, comprehensive and objective manner.
- Expertise to assess and enhance the global control environment in an organization positioned to grow significantly.
- Management and oversight of global financial, IT, and compliance audits
- Timely delivery of high-quality comprehensive regulatory issues arising from external auditors and consultants.
- Ability to lead a successful global I/A team, including professionals from external service providers.
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance, combined with a minimum of 10 years of relevant audit leadership experience. A CPA and/or CIA is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of:
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance and its application in a decentralized environment
- Governance, Risk Management and control structures
- GAAP / GAAS
- IT control structures including; application development, implementation and management, daily operations, and security controls
- Audit technology and data analytic tools
- High personal integrity and professional ethics, with a commitment to excellence
For confidential consideration please forward resume to:
Kymberly Bailey and Cheryl Yawman
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org