Website Cochran Cochran Yale
Chief Financial Officer – Manufacturing
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the CFO will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial and information technology related activities of the Company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, budgeting and forecasting, statutory compliance, taxation, legal, acquisition due diligence, shareholder relationships, information technology and treasury functions. The CFO will be heavily involved in strategic planning and will serve as the Secretary to the Board of Directors. The CFO will also be responsible for all statutory compliance activities.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, shareholder relations, legal, tax, and treasury functions
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Acquisitions: perform financial modeling, manage acquisition due diligence and negotiate agreements
- Oversee the Company’s IT function, focusing the function on meeting the current and future system needs of the business in a consultative manner.
- Financial Information
- Oversee the issuance of financial reports and information- candidate must have excellent skills in financial reporting, analysis, commentary, forecasting and budgeting.
- Maintain compliance with the relevant accounting standards, which currently includes GAAP for the US, UK, Mexico and India.
- Prepare reports for the Board of Directors
- Treasury and Risk Management
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Manage all open legal issues involving the company, and monitor legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable internal control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the Board of Directors, perform duties as Corporate Secretary
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Maintain banking relationships
- Manage cash balances and cash forecasts
- Plan and manage hedging activities
- Arrange for the financing requirements of the Company
- Invest funds as appropriate
- Supervise the operations of the pension plan
- Other Responsibilities
- Mergers and Acquisitions- ability to assess the strategic, cultural and financial fit of potential acquisitions, manage the due diligence process, address funding requirements and manage the integration process.
- Manage shareholder relations, including providing support to the Shareholder’s advisers for their estate planning purposes and income tax reporting activities (the Company is an S Corp).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in partnering with an executive team, supporting the Board of Directors
- Proven experience and expertise being primary interface with the shareholders in a private company
- Have a high level of written and oral communication skills
- Experience with statutory compliance and board governance of international subsidiaries
- International Merger and Acquisition activity would be a plus.
- The successful candidate will fit well into the culture of the Company, which is heavily invested in its core values of Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration, Passion, Innovation, Customer Obsession, Humility, Safety and Respect.
- He or she must be a constant learner and one who will fulfill the role of mentor and coach.
- Working Conditions: Will work in an office environment. Travel to company subsidiaries and operations, including to international locations, will be necessary.
- Direct reports- US Controller, US IT Manager (and respective teams)
- Dotted line- international Finance Directors
Educational & Certification Requirements
- Master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and/or be a Certified Public Accountant
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a multi-national manufacturing company
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com