Homrich, Klein and Associates
We are looking for a strong senior accountant to join a large public financial services company. The ideal candidate will be an analytical, problem solver who will utilize their knowledge and experience to drive the global close process.
Primary responsibilities, key skills and knowledge for the role will include:
- Ensure organization’s accounting functions are being performed in a timely, accurate manner and in compliance with US GAAP. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and various reporting.
- Responsible for the expense accruals for the North American region. Ensure information is calculated and recorded in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and coordinate the full cycle global month end close process. Identify and implement process improvements to achieve greater efficiency.
- Support senior manager in the cultivation of a solid accounting staff. Provide guidance and support to junior team staff, ensure work load is appropriately allocated, and provide assistance to ensure all tasks are performed efficiently and in accordance with established deadlines.
- Responsible for the department’s SOX compliance. Ensure proper control documentation is maintained and provide information to auditors as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified Candidates should possess
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4-7 years previous accounting experience specifically with Record-to-Report process
- Financial Services Industry knowledge preferred
- Advanced MS Excel Skills required
- Limited International travel is possible
Please email resume to Dawn Parker – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com