Global Tax Manager
Our client is looking to hire a Global Tax Manager as part of a succession plan to the current Vice President, Tax. The Tax Manager will be actively involved in taking on and learning hands-on the complex responsibilities of federal, international, local, sales & use, and all other areas of taxation.
- Direct and review the completion of U.S. federal and international tax compliance; coordinate with foreign tax preparers to complete local country tax compliance.
- Oversee international aspects of IRS audits and resolve controversies; coordinate with foreign tax preparers/representatives to handle local country tax audits and controversies.
- Complete research to support positions taken in the tax returns and prepare research memoranda.
- Coordinate with the Tax Accounting team with respect to the preparation of the income tax provision for international operations.
- Lead and direct tax research and planning projects and initiatives, including with respect to foreign tax credit utilization, intercompany financing strategies, tax treaty planning, repatriation planning, business restructurings, and other international tax matters.
- Direct and lead cross-functional teams and external tax advisers to identify and implement international tax planning strategies.
- Develop and implement intercompany transfer pricing policies; establish and maintain transfer pricing documentation. Lead and direct advance pricing and mutual agreement procedure processes.
- Advise business partners regarding international tax implications of customer contracts and other matters.
- Partner with business leaders to direct and lead the tax aspects of international expansion and mergers/acquisitions.
- Monitor and respond to emerging international tax issues and developments.
- Identify and implement tax process improvements, including new tax technologies.
- Supervise, evaluate, coach, train, and mentor tax department staff.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- 5 to 10+ years of experience
- Masters’ degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or related field preferred.
- CPA certification highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. federal, international and foreign tax concepts, including hybrid entities and securities, cash repatriation strategies, Subpart F, foreign tax credit utilization strategies,and holding company structures.
- Experience developing international tax planning strategies and leading cross-functional teams to implement them.
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. federal income tax concepts as they apply to international taxes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org