Website Trademark Recruiting
Sr Manager, Federal Taxes
Reporting to: Sr VP of Tax
Sr Manager (maybe Director) -Domestic Tax
Successful candidate will ensure accurate preparation and filing of the consolidated federal income tax return and preparation of various state and local tax returns. Ensure successful completion of various income tax audits. Responsible for certain aspects of the domestic tax provision and global tax provision including oversight of domestic tax reserves. Other responsibilities include the proper presentation of tax-related SEC disclosures, Federal and State tax compliance and planning and assist with proper presentation of SEC disclosures. Varied responsibilities will include the following:
- Review / prepare various tax packages prepared by the operations of each unit to complete consolidated federal income tax return and also various state income tax returns and other returns filed by the company.
- Manage the preparation of the consolidation of the federal return including entering necessary adjustments for items calculated on a consolidated basis.
- Timely and accurate preparation, filing and payment of all U.S. federal and state income tax estimated payments;
- Manage the development and administration of procedures and internal controls within the tax function in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance
- Research technical income tax issues as the issues as needed.
- Review the overall domestic portion of the consolidated financial statement income tax provision statements on a quarterly basis.
- Meet and respond with the external auditors on various issues related to the audit of the financial statements.
- Assist in preparing analysis of tax accounts necessary to determine the adequacy of the accounts for inclusion in the year-end financial statements.
- Control the state and local income tax return audits by the states in which returns are filed.
- Working with operations personnel, assist with preparation of necessary filings of property tax returns for US manufacturing entities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred.
- Eight to ten years of diversified tax experience in a large corporation including experience in a big four public accounting firm and working knowledge of ASC 740.
- Experience with Onesource (income tax, dataflow, UTP) software; strong communication and analytical skills; experience in using computer based tax research tools; ability to handle numerous complex projects simultaneously.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com