Website Trademark Recruiting
Reporting directly to CFO, the Controller is responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the monthly financial closing process which includes responsibility for detail review of Income Statement, Balance Sheets and Cash Flows and related commentary. The Controller will work closely with the team in establishing policies and procedures around the various finance functions. Position will work closely with all departments of the organization in a continuous improvement role focused on improving reporting and analysis for the organization as a whole.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Controller is accountable for the following results and activities:
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits and comparison of results to annual budgets and forecasts, including detail review of general ledger account reconciliations/balance sheet review.
- Prepare both internal and external financial statements and reporting requirements, including the coordination of timely reporting of financial results to senior management, lenders and other constituents.
- Perform financial analyses in order to assist management in making effective business decisions.
- Assist with researching and implementing new accounting pronouncements as they relate to the company and assist with the process of establishing and monitoring performance against the annual budget, as well as monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Oversee the activities of disbursement, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Lead the annual financial statement audit process and preparation of materials as it relates to tax and the tax provision, the creation of quarterly reporting and certificates to ensure compliance with Loan Covenants.
- Lead the treasury, accounts payable, and payroll functions.
- Ensure federal and state tax compliance enabling the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value
- Coordinate and act as support for other departments. Work in cross functional teams across the company in support of operational goals and objectives and management reporting.
- Work as a key member of the Company’s finance team to assist the Company in reaching targeted goals.
- Respond to the CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate the Company’s financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
The ideal candidate for Controller position will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Minimum of five (5) years Pharmacy, PBM and / or Healthcare experience with PBM experience preferred.
- Experience evaluating and integrating acquisitions.
- Proven record of achieving on-time monthly deliverables in support of financial close
- Ability to collect, analyze and report on critical business metrics.
- The desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment where taking initiative, displaying a strong work ethic, paying attention to detail, continuing to grow as a professional, and having a willingness to cross boundaries to help colleagues are a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience with Enterprise Accounting Systems (Great Plains preferred).
- Proficient in MS Office, Advanced Excel critical (including pivot tables).
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA required.
- Public Accounting (preferably “Big 4”) experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to clearly identify developing problems using initiative and independent judgment to address and take immediate corrective actions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Very computer friendly — spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
- Strong leadership & managerial abilities.
- Strong knowledge of SOX, GAAP
- Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard computer and phone equipment. May have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients. Occasional travel may be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com